Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Is it bad to start re-reading a book less than a week after you just read it?
Instead, I'll just say, "Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"
And also, I'll ask a question. Is it just because it's summer, or is there some pathological reason why I cannot finish a pair of socks? I haven't even started the second sock of my Fawkes socks, nor touched the first of my mom's green pair. I'm blaming it on summer. It's kind of hard to get excited about wool socks right now. Especially with this wonderful book to re-read.
Friday, July 20, 2007
A fan's gotta represent.
Thursday, July 12, 2007
At least I didn't make him do lines.
Rick: So when do the kids start teleporting? Oh, I guess that's in the next movie.
Katie: Um...did you just say teleporting?
Rick: Yeah. I forgot what it's called.
Katie: It's called apparating. And I have to blog this.
Rick: No! Everyone will think I'm a dork for mixing Harry Potter and Star Trek references.
Katie: No, everyone will think I'm a dork for thinking this is behavior that must be corrected.
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Ah, a Happy List...
1. I took my inflatable kayak out for the first time last weekend. It's going to serve me well.
2. Harry Potter tonight! And also, all next weekend!
3. I did not get my husband an iPhone for our 'versary, but I did get him sewing lessons (and before you ask, yes, he does want to learn to sew). He starts tomorrow and will eventually get to teach me.
4. A very good friend and her very kind coworker just gave me a gazillion maternity clothes. I might not have to buy any at all! (which means more yarn money, yo)
5. My cats are really cute. Even when they fall asleep on top of the freshly laundered towels, and I have to decide whether to re-wash them or dry myself off with cat hair.
6. Someday, I too will be on Ravelry. I can deal with the jealousy until then.
7. I haven't thrown up in over a week. Can I get an amen?
Well, that's all I can come up with right now, but I didn't expect much more. I'm much better at focusing on the negatives, on all the stuff piling up on me. My actual To Do list is at least four pages long now. So as a first step towards positive thinking, this list will suffice. Now I just need to visit my site every so often to make myself feel better. And maybe do some knitting. Wait--did I just inadvertently add a couple things to my To Do list?
Friday, July 06, 2007
Today is also George Bush's birthday, but let's forget that, shall we?
Maybe it was at that point that Rick knew he'd finally found the dork for him. I don't know, but I lose track of our dates after that. We were simply together. Thanks for the last ten years, Rickus. And because I love you so much, I'm going to post this picture of you for the Internet:
This is what our Prairie Climber looked like after almost a month on Denali. I didn't recognize him when he picked me up at the train station in Talkeetna--of course, he was also driving the van of a local hotel, which was completely unexpected, so that may have had something to do with it. It didn't take Rick long after this picture was taken to buy a razor and some shaving cream. I guess he didn't like the mountain man look?
My last two days in Alaska with my husband were wonderful. I got to hang out with most of Rick's fellow climbers, listening to their adventures over the past month. They had an incredible time, and I think Rick really made some life-long friends from that climb. All the climbers wished me congrats on the pregnancy, and apparently, Rick had even been consulting them on baby names! Unfortunately, I couldn't have any post-trip drinks to celebrate with everyone, but Rick let everyone know he was "drinking for two."As you can probably tell, I could go on and on about my trip to Alaska, but I don't really have many more pictures to show you (due to the low battery after my kayaking trip and all). I'll show you one more, just so's you know knitting did occur on this trip:
What a pretty place to knit. And happy anniversary, Rickus!