Wednesday, July 25, 2007

 

Is it bad to start re-reading a book less than a week after you just read it?

So I have been sitting at my computer for the last half hour, trying to come up with a post-Book 7 blog post. I got nothin'. It's silly to some people, I'm sure, but this series of books means a lot to me, and nothing that I write seems to do my feelings justice (like saying the series means a lot to me). Also, I'm finding that it's quite boring to write a vague and non-spoilerific review, but once I get going and start talking about the book, I can't help but bring in spoilers. Which is completely against Katie morals. In the book of Katie morals, people who give out spoilers are right up there with Voldemort in terms of evilness.

Instead, I'll just say, "Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"

And also, I'll ask a question. Is it just because it's summer, or is there some pathological reason why I cannot finish a pair of socks? I haven't even started the second sock of my Fawkes socks, nor touched the first of my mom's green pair. I'm blaming it on summer. It's kind of hard to get excited about wool socks right now. Especially with this wonderful book to re-read.

Comments:
I've thought about rereading the book already, too! I did reread the last couple of chapters.
 
It's hard! It's so hard not to say anything! So, I'll just re-read my favorite bits instead.
 
Okay, now that we've reached the end, what is your favorite book of the series?
 
That's why I alwasy do 2 at once...or I'd never finish a pair of socks...no matter what the season!

I just finished the book tonight...and totally loved it! : )
 
It's never too soon to re-read; I started about 12 hours after I finished Book 7! Although I haven't picked it up since Sunday. And I'm having sock finishing trouble myself. It must be going around!
 
I pulled an all-nighter and finished book 7 at 5:30 this morning. I already have the audiobook on my ipod and will start listening to it later today. I'm not sure how I feel about the book--it was spectacular and yet has left me in a fog (or perhaps that if from the lack of sleep). I like the audiobooks as I can knit while I listen. Good luck with your socks!
 
Sounds perfectly normal. I resorted to buying a second copy to ease the fights.

I can't say favourite. My least favourite was number five and yet I enjoyed that movie more than I expected.
 
Well, I'm on my 3rd go of DH. You're not going to get funny looks from me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?