Thursday, November 09, 2006
Now if I could only knit on the job.
1. I love working during the day and sleeping at night. I think it's been hard on Rick, who prefers, if given the chance, to spread himself out over an entire queen size bed. But I've been sleeping like a baby.
2. It's been a really strange adjustment to a totally different style of nursing. It's probably going to sound arrogant, but I'm used to being "the best" at my job. I'm used to being the one that co-workers go to for help, not the other way around. It's not bad, just different, and I think it's good for me to break free of my comfort zone.
3. Better pay means more yarn in my future. When Christmas is behind me. I mean, when I get my mojo again.
4. My fear about walking into a patient's house to be greeted by ten thousand cockroaches...has mercifully not happened....yet.
5. One of my favorite patients has Alzheimer's. I see her every day and she recognizes me, but doesn't know my name or that I'm a nurse. Every day when she sees me, she says in her thick southern accent, "I just LOVE your hair." Brightens my day each time.
Have a great weekend and I'm thrilled that your kitty found her way home!
Have a wonderful weekend.