Sunday, July 02, 2006

 

Self-Portrait with my Saturday.

I had a great first day of July--things are already looking better than in June.

We had a great breakfast at Ingrid's, a bakery and cafe at NW 36th and Youngs Blvd. in OKC. They serve a great breakfast, and despite the fact that it's a German restaurant and quite heavy on the meat, they were very helpful about making vegetarian substitutions. And their bread? Yum. You have to buy it fresh early in the morning before they run out!

Next we drove to Guthrie for a visit to SWAK so I could use up a gift card that's been burning a hole in my pocket since Christmas.

I showed amazing restraint and walked out of the store with only a couple skeins of Sirdar Snuggly for the Razor Cami and a couple skeins of Reynolds Blizzard for a scarf that I saw in the store. The Blizzard yarn was a total impulse buy because that scarf was SO DAMN SOFT! I rubbed it on my face when the salespeople weren't watching and instantly went back to the front door for a basket to carry my purchases.

The single biggest purchase was a ball winder. I've resisted buying one because I actually like the process of winding my own balls (insert joke here!). Or at least, I did like winding them until last week when it took me two hours to wind one ball of Alpaca Cloud. Yeah. So now I have a winder! I didn't buy a swift because I've seen on blogs that people do okay without one and that would have cut an extra $40 out of my gift card!

Later, we had dinner at my mom's followed by an evening of knitting and a fireworks show. Which brings me to my oh-so-beautiful Sunday portrait. As Rick was trying to take a picture of me knitting, my mom reached over to lift my skirt so I would flash not only my husband but the entire park. Hence the facial expression, a mixture of smiling for the camera and complete surprise. :)

Comments:
A trip to SWAK is always such a good thing :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?