Wednesday, March 22, 2006

 

In Oklahoma, that makes you family!

The Nanda wrote about our Monday evening in Tulsa on her blog, but can I just say that Kilkenny's is fan-FREAKIN-tastic? Because it is, y'all. Not that I have a lot of experience with Irish pub food, having never been to an Irish pub before, but this place is great. Relaxed atmosphere, big portions of good food, and lots of stout beers for those that enjoy them. Me, I like my liquor sweet, so I had Guinness Chocolate Cake. Yum, yum, yum.

Rick and I will be traveling to Tulsa once a month to eat out with our family from northern Oklahoma. And yes, I'm including Nanda as my family because she's my sister-in-law's sister-in-law. Which in my mind means, "You're my sister!" (this is fortunate for me, because I'm really an only child from a small family and am always looking to adopt more family, and is maybe not so fortunate for Nanda because I'm liable to get drunk and say things like, "I love you, sis!" with a wink and a nudge).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know Tulsa a little better. I've lived in Oklahoma almost all my life but it's always been in OKC and Norman. I've been to a couple art museums in Tulsa (the Philbrook is just incredible every time), but that's about it. And I'm also looking forward to seeing my family and friends more often! With my crazy work schedule, I sometimes don't see these folks for three or four months at a time. Now I get to see them every month. And with food!

If anyone knows of some great Tulsa restaurants, please give us a heads up!

Comments:
Oh boy!! I lived in Tulsa until 2000. Mexican: Chimi's Burgers: Ron's Lebanese steak house: Silver Flame Coney I-lander has the best coneys. No S in the title. About 5 locations all over town. BBQ: Elmer's (I sure do hope I'm not giving all these suggestions to a vegetarian..if so I'm sorry!! lol)Wild Fork in Uticq Square is great.
 
Let's see... India Palace. And India Palace. Oh! There's India Palace. And a few other places... I hope you guys like Santa Fe's. It's a smallish, out of the way place that's never terribly busy, but has some really GREAT comida mexicana.
 
Desi Wok is a new Trendy restaurant who fused Indian and Asian Under one roof
I think they have a website
desiwok.net
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?