Wednesday, March 01, 2006
I should have gone into accounting.
Look! Distraction! Here's a kitty photo!
The kitty has dropped the name of Bluebell. She shed her sweet little princess personality earlier this week and now only wants to cuddle for about 10 minutes every couple days or so. The rest of the time, she wants to do the following things:
2. Play games with Rick, her two favorites being "Catch the knitting needle under the t-shirt" and "Catch the ball tied to the strand of Katie's yarn."
3. Try to eat my California Kitchen pizza. Or anything else I happen to be eating.
4. Watch the birdies from the window.
5. Walk on the laptop and try to catch the pointer on the screen. Which in turn...
6. Gives Katie a heart attack.
Because she is in hyper mode and her claws are destroying my couch, rugs, and Rick's legs while completely neglecting her scratching post, she has been renamed Shiva, after the third god of the Hindu trinity. I have a very limited understanding of Hindu mythology, but as far as I can tell, Shiva's dance destroys the universe so that Brahma can re-create a new one and Vishnu can sustain it, until such time that Shiva feels like dancing again. It's that whole cycle of life kind of thing.
My Shiva's dance does not destroy the universe, but is definitely causing the destruction of my couch. That said, she's awfully cute while she's doing it.
I mean...Bad Shiva! Go to your scratching post!