Wednesday, January 25, 2006

 

Oh yeah. I'm on a diet. I forgot.

I abandoned the South Beach diet about a week and a half ago. I only cheated a couple times during Phase I. But Phase II? That's a different story. During Phase II of the diet, you are allowed to gradually add the foods that you were denied in Phase I, like pasta, rice, bread, potatoes, and fruit. Of course, you have to pick the healthiest versions of these items, so you eat whole-wheat pasta, brown rice, etc. You get the idea.

I didn't increase gradually. I ate whole-wheat pasta by the bowlfuls. I ate five whole-wheat muffins in one day (how pathetic is that--if you're going to cheat, do it with something sexier than whole wheat muffins!). And when we were out of food because I ate it all, I didn't bother to make a new grocery list of South Beach approved items. We're in diet limbo here. Because we don't want to go out and buy lots of unhealthy groceries and since we don't feel like spending an hour trying to rack our brains thinking of healthy food to eat, we just haven't bought any food at all. So for the last four days, we have been waiting until we are so hungry we can't stand it, then head off for a local restaurant and binge, binge, BINGE.

Yeah, because that is so much healthier, for our waistlines and our wallets.

Rick wants to stay on the diet, so I guess I need to bite the bullet and make a dang grocery list. Right after I head to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast, that is.

Comments:
Wait! There's a Dunkin Donuts in OKC? I need to find it and buy their coffee.
 
It's about three blocks from my house. Oh the temptation!
 
Hello fellow Oklahoma Olymipic knitter..! I love the hat you've picked to knit!

Do you think we need a Team Oklahoma button?

This Olympics thing has taken on a life of it's own... http://obsessiondujour.typepad.com/teamboston/

Nice blog!
 
Had a few spare minutes to create a little button for the Okie Olympic Knitters.

I'm going to try to post it here, but I don't know if this is going to work or not... I'll try something else if it doesn't work.

After numerous attempts of placing the actual button in the "comments" box, hitting the preview button and seeing "Your HTML cannot be accepted... I've simply decided to post a link to it.

Knitting Olympics, Team Oklahoma Button

rickus
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?