Thursday, December 15, 2005

 

And there was much rejoicing in the hizzouse.

School is out and it’s time for fun. Oh yeah.

Rick and I are hosting a Christmas party this year. And not just any Christmas party. It’s the 21st annual Christmas party for a group of friends from Pawhuska, Oklahoma, where Rick spent his high school years. This group and many additional friends have been getting together for 21 years at various locations. Rick and I haven’t actually been to one of them in about 6 years or so, but we’re hosting this year’s this Saturday.

Which means I have got to get my house clean! I haven’t done ANY cleaning for the last few weeks. All right, I’ve barely kept the house straightened up for the last three months. I used to be such a neat freak, but I’ve turned pretty lax since I started back to school three years ago (yes, that’s right, it’s going to take me 6 years to complete a freakin’ Associate’s degree-no need to think about that now!). In the last year or so, it has become so bad that I have lost bills and not realized that I hadn’t paid them (twice! Ouch!), and I frequently lose keys, shoes, and more under piles of dirty clothes. Here is a picture of our guest bed which needs to be cleaned off by Saturday:


And here is a picture of my desk, which does not have to be cleaned off and so probably will not be cleaned off (I’m hoping that outing myself on how ridiculously cluttered and unorganized I have become will motivate me to do something about it…like hire a maid):

Actually, I’m taking a lot of pictures today because I just realized that during the great study-fest of November and December 2005, I have not taken many pictures. My blog is almost all words. There has been no knitting to photograph *pout* and I lost my camera under a pile of dirty clothes for a while.

Here is a picture of all the Christmas shopping I have accomplished:

That’s right. It’s the Ipod that I bought the day after Thanksgiving. And here is how I'm going to wrap it if I don't get a little of this Christmas spirit I hear people talk about:

Sigh. It looks like I’m going to be one of the masses, still shopping on Christmas Eve, wondering how it all came so quickly….

But right now, I just don’t care about Christmas! I’m out of school, off work, and have some drinkin’ to catch up on!

Love, your Prairie Knitter Grinch who Wants to Be Drunk in Celebration of No School


Comments:
Yay pictures!

My worktable resembles your guest bed right now.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?