Saturday, November 19, 2005

 

the wand

Okay, one more Harry Potter post and then I swear, I will try to think of something else to talk about. The key word in that sentence: try.

Last year, for Christmas, I received my very own wand. Rick spent a month in the garage, building something secret. I wasn’t allowed in the garage the entire time, and I had no idea what he could be doing. Turns out, he was creating a home-made lathe (since a real one costs from $700-$4,000!), a home-made wand, and a beautiful box for it.



The box is made out of black velvet with silver letters: Ollivanders, Makers of Fine Wands Since 382 B.C.

Rick included an owner’s manual with guidelines for use and instructions on how to “swish and flick”. Some of the information: Whether this is your first wand or you are a wizard of The Order of Merlin First Class, there are a few things you should be made aware of. Your Ollivander’s Wand is for external use only. Under no circumstances should your Ollivander’s Wand be left within easy access of muggles. For comments or questions, direct all owl posts to: Ollivander’s Wands, Diagon Alley, London, England. Please allow 2 to 3 business hours for responses.

And here's the wand:

Rickus loves his garage. Here I am summoning him from his hiding hole. “Accio Rickus!”

Hmm. Is it a wand or a knitting needle?

It is definitely a wand, but I need to work on my knitting spells. My hats still resemble wooly bladders.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?