Friday, November 18, 2005

 

Harry Potter et la Coupe de Feu

I would so love to have a French copy of the series. But anyway.

I got to see Coupe de Feu at the midnight showing at Harkins Theater in Bricktown, on the largest screen in Oklahoma. Yeehaw! I went with Rick and
Rosemary, and it was a blast, but I can't talk about it here because I might spoil it for someone....someone like Nanda, who will be seeing it soon, right? I HATE having books, movies, or any kind of surprise spoiled for me, so I won't say a thing about the movie to anyone who hasn't seen it.

I will say that I had no idea there were so many
Potterheads in my little city. The theater sold out the midnight showing, and when we got there at 10:00, the line was already doubling back on itself. Lots of folks in HP clothes. There were these cute teenage girls who had made their own iron-on jersey tees. One had a picture of Lupin and the other had the Weasley twins. How cool is that? And we saw lots of HP knits--primarily the Sorcerer Stone style scarf...I must finish mine for the next winter premiere. And I guess I will say this about the movie: there were lots of knits in the movie that will keep atypicallyknit.com busy, busy, busy. I'm still waiting on her animal cracker hat pattern from PoA, and I NEED to knit this Hermione hat!

I am currently fighting the desire to abandon all Christmas projects, studying, and socializing for a couple weeks of intense Harry Potter re-reading. *sigh*

Comments:
SO jealous. *sigh* We're still trying to figure out when we can sneak off to see Goblet of Fire. Hopefully, the 'when' will be tomorrow evening after all the wedding festivities. No Potter fix until then, alas.

On a more happy note, I snagged some tickets to see the Lion King in June! Raaaar!

Nanda
 
SO jealous. *sigh* We're still trying to figure out when we can sneak off to see Goblet of Fire. Hopefully, the 'when' will be tomorrow evening after all the wedding festivities. No Potter fix until then, alas.

On a more happy note, I snagged some tickets to see the Lion King in June! Raaaar!

Nanda
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?