Saturday, October 29, 2005

 

Some mystery knitting for Halloween!

Haven't been knitting much this week. Been a bit wiped out with the studies. Of course, that's what happens when you don't study for weeks and then realize that you have two tests on the same day. Whoops.

Anyway, here is some mystery knitting for the week:

It's mystery knitting because I couldn't keep my big mouth shut and I told several people about my blog and some of those people may or may not be receiving the above mystery knitting for Christmas. We can assume that they may. In order to protect the innocent, I only photographed a small detail of the said knitting.

So...that's what I got on knitting. Not much.

But eating? I got lots on eating! Rick was stuck doing overtime Wednesday night so I went to visit him at his office in Edmond, where I hardly ever go (remember how I said that I am not courteous while driving? well, the last time I drove to Edmond, it took me one and a half hours to drive 20 miles due to construction, shitty traffic signs, and even worse drivers...I was definitely not courteous that day and I haven't driven there much since). So we went to eat at Thai Palace, where I have wanted to go for some time. We live right next to the Asian district here in OKC, but can't eat at most of the Thai restaurants because they don't make their entrees vegetarian. And I must confess, I got Thai Palace and Thai Basil mixed up, but since we arrived at Thai Palace first, we went there.

We got there at 5:30 and there were already a few tables taken. There was only one waiter/host, and I think he is the owner as well. He told us to sit wherever we wanted and he was very kind when I asked what he recommended for vegetarians. He explained that any dish that was made with meat could be substituted with tofu and could be made "strictly vegetarian." Pay dirt! We had an appetizer of spring rolls with peanut sauce, which were wonderful. For the entrees, we shared a potato, onion, and tofu yellow curry and a red curry with tofu. I ordered them with medium spiciness and it came out HOT! It was a good hot, I tell you, but a little surprising. Still, I'd probably order medium again because it was SO GOOD, y'all! There is so much flavor in Thai food! Rick and I were both very impressed and vowed to return to try more of the spicy vegetarian Thai food that left us stuffed and with clear sinuses.

Want to know more about what I'm eating? Don't be silly, of course you do! After class yesterday, I went to...you guessed it! Los Tacos!!! Cheese nacho with jalapenos and a bean burrito, beans only. These guys know me and my order. "I'll have the usual." I'm like Norm at the Los Tacos, people.

Here's some free advertising, guys. You can just take it off my tab.

Note to anyone still reading this: Thai Palace will be closed for the next three weeks, because the owner is taking a vacation in Thailand.

Happy Halloween weekend to everyone!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?