Wednesday, October 19, 2005

 

Now Entering Blogland

My husband finally talked me into starting up this blog since I've only been talking about it for, I don't know, a year or so! Perhaps he hopes that I'll stop talking about blogs now, but I have the feeling that this is just the beginning. Soon, I'll be toting the camera around everywhere I go, just in case I want to take a picture for the blog. I'll say things like, "You know, I posted a topic like that on my blog just the other day...." I don't think he knows what he's getting himself into.

Anyway, I have wanted to start a blog for sometime now. I taught myself to knit about two years ago, but have no real record of my FO's since I have given most of them away and never wanted to waste film taking pictures of them. Now we've had a digital camera for 4 years or so, but as a self-proclaimed technophobe, I have only recently started to use it. And guess what? I can take lots of pictures of my knitting, without feeling guilty about wasting film.

Somehow it doesn't seem so self-important to post crafty pics in blogland as it would be to sit down with guests and say, "Would you like to look at my photo album? There are LOADS of knitting pictures."

Yeah. That would go over.

I want to use this space as a kind of digital scrapbook, I guess. I will try to post often, and hopefully, the pressure to post often will help me get even more knitting done. "Honey, I have to finish knitting this tonight, so I'll have a post for the blog."

See. He may have created a monster.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?