Thursday, October 20, 2005

 
I am making a pair of wrist cuffs from Stitch ‘N Bitch for my friend Kim for her birthday. The pattern calls for a little intarsia design which is why I have not attempted the pattern before (I’ve had this book for two years). Intarsia scares me. Doesn’t it just sound scary? Intarsia?

But I decided that I could play around with it for a couple hours for the wrist cuffs, and guess what? It was freakin’ hard! But still not as hard as I thought it would be. So here is my newest achievement, resting on my Halloween placemat:


And by the way, is the back of intarsia supposed to look like this??


It only took me a couple hours to make one of these, but since I used a worsted weight yarn and completely disregarded the instructions for gauge, the wrist cuff came out more like half a sleeve. So I made another one, altering the pattern to make it a little longer and a lot shorter. But since I was concentrating so dang hard on the design, I started knitting the chart at the same number of stitches in as the first one. So now I have one wrist cuff that is the size of a DVD box and one that is the right size but off-center just enough to DRIVE ME CRAZY!


I wonder how many partially completed wrist cuffs I'll make before I end up with a pair.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?